Sunday, July 21, 2013

vans

So. This week my feet started hurting, where the big toe and foot meet. I ignored it forever until I found out a part of my foot is numb! So, I called the doctor guy for the mission and I have been rockin Vans for about 4 days now WOO. The only down part is it is constantly raining, and the shoes are canvas. One day they were completely soaked and I was afraid that they would still be wet in the morning, and I needed to use them the next day! It is so humid here that sometimes our laundry hangs for two days before it is dry, so you  can imagine how I was feeling. I prayed and prayed and prayed and was like,"Seriously, Heavenly Father, I need these shoes to be dry tomorrow so I can wear them. The only way they are gunna be dry is if you dry them." And guess what. THEY WERE DRY yeah! Miracle, right? Yes. Prayer is AWESOME. My left shoe has a hole in the top, and they are black, so I wear a black sock on that foot and a tan sock on the other foot haha because I only have 3 tan socks and 3 black socks. I guess I lost a whole bunch of my tiny socks while moving around. But thats okay!

This is a really yummy dressing we ate yesterday at a members house.

Smashed garlic
salt
Olive oil
A little vinegar
Pepper (probably the kind you grind yourself in a grinder i imagine would be better)

So simple but goodness it was delicious. We ate it on our salad.

Also a member made this chicken wrapped in cheese then wrapped in ham then a TEENY bit of tomatoe sauce. It was really good too.

Also, breaded chicken with a little ketchup and cheese on top baked. It was good.

Sounds super weird, but I was in heaven. Fo realz.

I am really loving it here. So, remember how I said it rains? We were teaching an investigator who has tile floor (no one has carpet) and kids run in and out of everyones houses and no one cares. So we are teaching her and her sister (ages about 23 and..15, 16?) and this little kid about 2 years old runs in the house. He runs to the spot where the floor is soaked from the rain and starts dancing around. He then slips and smacks his head on the floor and starts crying immediately. Geisa and Geisileine (the investigators) start cracking up and laughing at this little kid and he runs out of the house to his own house. Bahahaha I was laughing soo hard. I even laughed more when I wrote it in my journal and right now when I started sharing with you all this hilarious story. hahahaha and the kid came back.

Well, I am out of time. I love all of you! Dont forget it! 

Love,
Sister Indago Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment