Friday, July 5, 2013

BRAZIL

These group emails are a lot easier because I won´t have to type the same thing over and over. So if you don´t like it, you gotta deal XD
Well, my first day here was the longest day ever because it was like two days long. And I was like,"What the heck have I done!" I was so confused. I arrived with 5 other missionaries. And we realized we knew close to no Portuguese and couldn't understand anything. We couldn't read the signs...it was weird. We exchanged our money and the currency is a little more than $.50 to each reai (hay-eye, Brazillian currency) I ate a bread ball with cheese and it was good.
When I say everything is different I mean everything is different. Even the catchup. People here drive like crazy so we walk. It's nice to walk everywhere because I don't feel like Im getting fat haha. Lunch is a giant meal, but it is always good. We are fed by a member almost every day. Rice and beans ALL DAY ERDAY. But I looove rice and beans so it works out for me. There is this soda that is so good called Guaraná. IT is delicious.
 Also, the Coca-cola and Fanta are wayy better out here than back at home. It's great, because people don't judge me when I have coke for breakfast! It's acceptable out here! THESE ARE TRULY MY PEOPLE! But seriously....I don't drink very much water, it tastes weird. But I do drink it sometimes.
There are no carpet, only tile. And the houses are small. I feel spoiled out here.

Sometimes we hop on this tiny bus thing and they drive crazy. The roads are bumpy and some are dirt. It rains almost every day, so there are always puddles of water and mud. I have learned that umbrellas are only good for keeping your hair dry. They really don't help with your clothes, so I hate using it. It's heavy.
I am having a good time out here, I love it. The people are so nice and so patient with me and the language. I Wish I could understand and talk more, but line upon line, precept upon precept, right? Yes. That is right. My district and zone are really helping me a lot with learning. They always give us tips to study and things to do to help me learn.
Our zone is the best zone in the whole mission. Our mission hit 215 baptisms for the month on June, crazy! But success is not determined by the number of baptisms. I will say that again...SUCCESS IS NOT DETERMINED BY THE NUMBER OF BAPTISMS. It is determined by your dedication and willingness to work hard and be diligent and find those who are willing to listen. I like walking because I can talk more with people and contact more. I feel the spirit when I bare my testimony, even though it is broken portuguses, and I am helped because words just come to my head. And when I get frustrated I can't speak as well as I can when I am happy.
I love all of you! Thank you for your support and love. I hope all is well, I'm sorry I can't email as much as I would like.
Love,
Sister Indago Clarke

1 comment:

  1. hey hey sista! Missin u. loves n kisses from me n sally. oh yeah, she says" i love you" now. when u coming home again? i furgit

    ReplyDelete